User CP

#1 by rick_xtreme , Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Do we have a user CP on here like there was on cdcovers??

rick_xtreme
Date registered 07.01.2015
Thanks 446

RE: User CP

#2 by Rocky , Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi rick,

Thanks for the suggestion buddy :)

Looking in the admin panel, there is something which i think is similar which is called Profile Guestbook, where other members can leave comments etc... . I believe there is more to it than that, but would not know until i activate it. If you would like, i can activate it and alter it so it fits in with the forum?

Is there something particular you are looking for when you ask for a User CP like the one that used to be on CdCovers?

Thanks again
Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 315

#3 by Music Forever , Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:52 pm

What i certainly miss on this new site is the add to friends list as i used that on the old site mostly to put people in where i have the most contact with and was easy if i wanted to send a pm to one of them.

Then i just had to go to the friends list and could easy send a pm to them true there instead of going true the members list as it is right now.

I don't know if this feature would be possible and is available in the panel settings on this new site?

I will read it when one of you peeps have looking in to it.

Regards,
Johan

There are no problems only solutions!!

Music Forever
Date registered 07.10.2015
Thanks 175

#4 by Rocky , Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi Johan,

At the moment there is not a function for a friends list. It is defintely something i can look into for the not to distant future and try and put it in place at a later date.

As for PMing people, if you go into your PM's and then click on Compose, you can start typing the persons nickname, say 'Ro' for Rocky, and as you type the members with Ro in their name will appear. Give it a go to see what i mean

Thank you for the suggestion, i will still look into the Friends list as the site progresses and hopefully the memberlist grows.

Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 315

#5 by Music Forever , Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot in advance m8 i will keep on the lookout for this.

I know what you mean by the PM by compose and now that list isn't very big but as the site and his members grow that pop-up list will be big and long, so that's why i asked about it m8.

But don't worry in mean time i will manage my way around it in my own way.

Regards,
Johan

There are no problems only solutions!!

Music Forever
Date registered 07.10.2015
Thanks 175

#6 by ScottyM , Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi there, yes, looking for User CP myself, is there such a thing? If so, cant seem to find it??

ScottyM  
ScottyM
Date registered 07.23.2015

Subscriptions
old requests

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 7
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor