RE: this website

#16 by Blacknight3 , Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Just reading through this, and I know I'm not here often ( read but don't log in) and I have to say I think I prefer t his in many ways to some of the other sites. Yes you don't maintain the covers in a date base, but so what? If you want/need a cover you make the request, but my experience, while limited is that it doesn't take long and the cover is of excellent quality. Unlike some of those "free" sites. Too keep costs down I think this is an excellent way to do things and I for one applaud the site owner and mods for an excellent idea

Blacknight3
Date registered 07.19.2015
Thanks 17

#17 by Rocky , Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi blacknight,

Thank you very much for your feedback, its appreciated

The thing is, i dont mind positive or negative feedback, so long as it is done in a constructive manner. If people are going to start threads to say 'this website sucks!' then its not a great starting point.
I fully understand the need for people to simply go to a datbase and get a cover - quick and easy. However a website with such space required would cost a lot of money.
Also as you have stated, Hi-Res covers are shared here, there are plenty of other sites out there that charge for these, and the ones that are free are usually low-res

Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 315

#18 by Blacknight3 , Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 pm

I think that's a product of the "me" generation. People don't stop to think about all the ramifications of why something is done the way it is. They look at what they want and nothing further than that. Maybe I'm just too old for todays ways and the instant gratification.

Blacknight3
Date registered 07.19.2015
Thanks 17

#19 by wappy , Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:55 pm

looking good for a new forum sure it will inprove the longer its here ive run loads of phpbb forums and if you ever need help with anything just ask.Its been a few years but used to love my old sites :)

wappy  
wappy
Date registered 08.17.2015
Thanks 5

#20 by bigyellowjersey , Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Some folk are just ungreatful. People should realise that the guys who take time to run this site do so in their own time & expense. A little bit of gratitude goes a long way so to all the dissenters I say if you are not going to get involved & help improve the fledgling site the jog on-you wont be missed

bigyellowjersey  
bigyellowjersey
Date registered 08.25.2015
Thanks 7

#21 by aladdin1948 ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:41 am

Where are the covers?

aladdin1948

#22 by jerryd , Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:01 am

Quote: aladdin1948 wrote in post #21
Where are the covers?

At the moment this is just a request site where members share covers with other members that need a particular cover or label, just put your request in the appropriate forum and hopefully someone will have what your looking for and send it to you via your email address....sometime in the future we may be able have a large database with covers and labels to pick from....I hope that answers your question....Jerryd

jerryd
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 10899

#23 by joe a , Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:55 am

I am new to this forum and was reading through this post and want to give you my 2cents worth. Some people are criticizing this website and must be out of their mind! To think of the time and effort that goes in to maintaining a site like this is incredible! The ignorance that people have is mindboggling to me. If they do not like the site, simply go away, you folks don’t need them. I commend all of you for your dedication in making this site work. I work in keeping a small business running and spend countless hours in just keeping the shop flow going. I can only dream of what you folks are going through. I commend each and every one of you for what you are doing and will help out as much as I possibly can. As for the ignorant jerks visiting this site, I feel that they can go to other sites and pay the piper. Keep up the good work that you all are doing, and feel proud to be doing what you do,
Joe A
East Coast, USA

joe a  
joe a
Date registered 09.24.2015
Thanks 5

#24 by Music Forever , Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Thank you Joe for your most kindly words.

We will continue to keep up our high standards to provide each and everyone with the best service we can give.

Sadly we can't full-fill every request even if we want to just cause the requested covers aint circulating anywhere around.

Not everybody can be pleased Joe and its like you said if they don't like it here then they have to go elsewhere and possible pay for their needs.

We are and will stay a fee free site for all and every cover request people make.

The staff here spend as much free time to help everybody out with their requests and we are certainly happy that there are people out there on our site that drops in to help out to from time to time, so if you have the time and can help out by sending requested covers feel free to do so m8 i can only stand behind any help cause that's what will make this site rock.

Regards,
Johan

There are no problems only solutions!!

Music Forever
Date registered 07.10.2015
Thanks 175

#25 by deutros , Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:49 pm

Always cracks me up when people complain about getting things for free.

deutros
Date registered 12.24.2015
Thanks 5

#26 by whiskyboy , Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:33 am

Ive been a ( Member) here for a couple of months now and can honestly say its the best cover site ive found ( and believe me ive been on quite a few over the years ) ,Its hardly rocket science to type a few words asking for someone who takes there own time to send you a cover that you cant find yourself . I look through the cover requests most days and if ive got them i post them .
what exactly sucks about this site. is it the typing bit or the being gratefull bit for somebody taking the time to help that these people dont quite grasp

Sorry Rant Over Paul

whiskyboy
Date registered 02.21.2016
Thanks 892

#27 by BrianB , Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:15 pm

I think a lot of people who only receive the covers don't realise what a difference a simple Thank You e-mail or even pressing the Thanks button makes. Some time ago I used to upload music to a site and found that although three or four people said Thanks the same post would be having around 90 downloads. I simply got fed up with the status quo and stopped posting. After a short time people were asking where I had got to and these people were the ones who never said thanks. BrianB.

BrianB  
BrianB
UC Donator
Date registered 07.13.2015
Thanks 120

Delete Threads
Cover properties

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 10
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor