Words of appreciation

#1 by ranetian , Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:28 pm

First time back for awhile and was surprised to discover that the old CD Covers site/forum is no more. Very pleased to see that it hasn't completely died but has in fact been given a very decent makeover and renamed Universal Covers. Notice it still has most, if not all, of the same users. Being more of a fan of the "older" movies I have recently acquired four of them, Mississippi Burning, The Nun's Story, The Day of the Locust and The Night of the Generals and thinking I'd perhaps be able to obtain them from the OLD OLD CD Covers site I did a search for Mississippi Burning. Although I got a list containing this name I wasn't able to open it to see what covers were available.

However, I'm hopeful that someone here will be able to help me with those covers which I have requested under their titles in the dvd covers thread.

Sorry, I seem to have gone off topic here as really all I wanted to say was thanks for the assistance that I have been receiving from those on the old forum and may this new site of yours go from strength to strength. Whatever the reason was for starting a new website may have been I trust that this one will go from strength to strength. Good luck.

ranetian  
ranetian
Date registered 07.16.2015
Thanks 4

RE: Words of appreciation

#2 by Rocky , Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi and welcome ranetian

CDcovers as a website is still running, however the forum died a long time ago due to the Admin demoting all of the Moderators and then failing to log in for years!
I used to be a moderator on CDcovers, for a good 6-7 years, and i was one of those to be demoted. Once that happened members started to leave the forums and stop uploading covers as the site wasn't updated, problems and bugs were not fixed and monthly competitions that took place stopped.

I decided a few months ago i wanted to start a new site as i used to love using CDcovers.CC forums. I first registered there. Some of the regulars from the forum are already here and i have invited others.

I hope you enjoy using the forum, and hope you get the covers you need :)
Thank you
Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 313

#3 by ranetian , Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:36 am

Must say that I've been surprised at the responses I've been receiving from mostly, Jarryd, but also some others recently. Some of the covers I've requested are from films from the fifties and even before, yet they've come up trumps every time. However, I'll be testing you lot a bit more in the near future and see if you can still maintain the high standards. Well done. So far anyway.

Not sure if I mentioned this in my first post here, but I did try to login to the CD Covers site in order to see whether they had a dvd cover for the movie Mississippi Burning. Got a list of covers available but then when I clicked on it nothing happened. Tried for one or two of the covers listed. Same with all of them. It was then that I tried to request through the forum and was redirected here. Hey, this site is much more pleasing to the eye anyway so well done to all concerned.

ranetian  
ranetian
Date registered 07.16.2015
Thanks 4

#4 by notebook , Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 pm

First Time Back For Ages Service By Everyone Is Fantastic
Many Thanks For Your Covers

notebook  
notebook
Date registered 12.06.2015
Thanks 6

Christmas And End Year Wishes
Things that annoy you

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 4
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor