basic question: R1, R2 or custom

#1 by laidaiger , Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi,

I don't know what the difference is between R1, R2 or custom covers.

I was looking for an answer on the forum and found that custom covers are covers which are manually made (more often better quality) so good to chose for movies that are not yet available on DVD... so that's something I understand.

But what are R1 and R2 covers ? Does the "R" stands for "Region" ? If so, what's the difference between R1 (like US) and R2 (like Europe): R1 is in English, what language is R2 ? ... or maybe this has nothing to do with the "R" ?

Thanks for an explanation.

Best regards,
Laidaiger

laidaiger
UC Donator
Date registered 12.22.2015

RE: basic question: R1, R2 or custom

#2 by hedgey , Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:54 pm

I think this link should help answer your question.....

Hubert....

Click Here....

Please don't PM or E-mail me asking for covers, please use the Forum...

Thank You...

hedgey
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 4819

#3 by laidaiger , Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks for your reply.

so my guess is right, it has to do with the regions.

I don't understand the difference between the regions. If I would request an R1-cover...how would it differ from an R2-cover ? Maybe different language used on the cover ?

OK, my question is not important, I'm guessing I will Always request a custom cover...seems everybody is doing this on this forum.

Best regards,
Laidaiger

laidaiger
UC Donator

#4 by Rocky , Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi Laidaiger and welcome to the forum

You can request whichever region cover you wish. If you are not too fussed what you received, so long as the quality is good.... I would always ask for custom covers, as they will look sharper and clearer when printed.

The difference between an R1 or R2 cover is usually just the layout or the wording on the cover, such as reviews from UK or US critics.

Hope this helps

Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 313

#5 by laidaiger , Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:11 am

Thanks for your reply Paul, it's now clear to me.

As you mentioned, I will always request a custom cover, the ones I recently received are indeed of great quality.

Best regards,
Chris

laidaiger
UC Donator

Hi and thanks for the add
Hi from NI

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 12
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor