Cover/Lable Printing Software

#1 by mercenary639 , Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Firstly Happy new year to all. I have a problem printing covers and lables until recently I used a program called Pochette express but for some reason it will not work now keeps crashing i tried unistalling and reinstalling with no luck, my question is can any member recommend any software paid or free that prints covers to size I have searched on google with no luck, Kevin.

mercenary639  
mercenary639
Date registered 07.25.2015
Thanks 2

RE: Cover/Lable Printing Software

#2 by Jammi3D , Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Have only used photoshop but over the years have heard many members recommend coverxp

What operating system are you using?

Could try uninstalling the programme and running ccleaner before reinstalling.

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Date registered 07.03.2015
Thanks 255

#3 by Rocky , Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:44 am

As above, for years I have used coverXP - however I have not used this within the last year or so

Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 313

#4 by Blacknight3 , Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:17 pm

I just went to Neato online and downloaded the templates for what I wanted. You have the option to open in MS word, Photoshop, or Illustrator.

Blacknight3
Date registered 07.19.2015
Thanks 17

#5 by mercenary639 , Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks all for the helpful replies, my son is having the same problem we have both tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck i have a sneaky feeling that it relates to the recent update from windows 10 I will try all the Suggestions and get back to you all and thanks again.

mercenary639  
mercenary639
Date registered 07.25.2015
Thanks 2

#6 by froggythrower , Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:00 pm

I use CoverXPpro v1.65.... have done for years and still do regularly... I have used it on XP, Vista and currently W7 Ultimate 64 Bit, but not on W10 but I see no reason why it would not work on W10 and you could easily install it and find out in a matter of 2 minutes.

It hasn't been updated for years and there is no support from the creator as the website links are all dead now, but there are independent help topics on the web, it does have a comprehensive inbuilt help manual, for me personally it does everything you need from a cover printer with a very simple layout, just select the type of cover you want from the built in templates and drag/drop your cover into the box and print, if you want more functionality the advanced setting allow you to select paper types and adjust the spines, make custom templates etc etc.

It's free to download, and install, but is limited to a 30 day trial after which I think it asks for $19.99 to unlock, but as this program is now not supported even if you try clicking the 'buy' button it takes you to a defunkt website offering you the domain to buy.....

If you search the net, you can find various sites offering the unlock codes for free....or if you liked it and got stuck for an unlock code or needed help just message me and I can point you in the right direction ;)

Nudge Nudge Wink Wink

http://download.cnet.com/CoverXP-PRO/300...4-10135417.html

froggythrower
Date registered 09.04.2015
Thanks 16

#7 by froggythrower , Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:59 pm

If anybody is wanting a completely free and very easy to use all round cover / disc printing program

Check this http://www.emdb.eu/undercover10/index.htm

It's called 'Undercover10'

The author has updated the very old but popular printing program 'UndercoverXP' and given it a refresh and make-over with all the cover templates you will need today, with a Windows 10 app style interface.

It will work on any platform, has a very simple interface so is very easy to use, with a templates editor to either edit the very comprehensive inclusive templates or create your own ones, you can print a cover in a few clicks, and is a very small file (2.45mb) so is easily downloaded.

Undercover10 is a small program to easily print Bluray, DVD and CD covers. It supports JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP formats and can automatically scale Bluray, DVD, CD, Game Console covers and CD/DVD labels to the correct size. Other formats can be easily added via a graphical format editor. UnderCover10 is written in C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and doesn't need a .NET framework or any other external libraries. And best of all... it's free!
UnderCover10 is available in 27 languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Portugese, Polish, Macedonian, Russian, Greek, Turkish, Romanian, Hungarian, Brazilian, Chzech, Latvian, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Catalan, Arabic, Vietnamese and Slovak translations are included in the setup.

I have been messing with it for a few days now and it seems to work great

There is a donate button which you can use if you like the program and feel like sending the developer a few quid to say thank you, but that's entirely up to you, it doesn't keep nagging you for a donation and is completely voluntary.

froggythrower
Thanks 16

#8 by Jammi3D , Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Great find, not sure about the w8/10 look. Would be much better for a clean simple UI.

How do you find printing to the Verbatim discs? (119mm edge)

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Thanks 255

#9 by froggythrower , Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Quote: Jammi3D wrote in post #8
Great find, not sure about the w8/10 look. Would be much better for a clean simple UI.

How do you find printing to the Verbatim discs? (119mm edge)

I quiet like the W10 look, I suppose it's what any young person would expect and the style we will all have to get used to in the future, I'm just an old git who still moans about how XP was the dog's nads, and have refused the W10 free upgrade on my W7 platform

It works great Paul, I have uploaded a screen grab of the settings I am using, in the post I created asking for help with this very problem

Verbatim 119mm Disc Canon Printer Settings

I do not know how to link to the other thread using this forum software, so if it's wrong please tidy it up for me

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Verb Settings.PNG 

froggythrower
Thanks 16

#10 by Jammi3D , Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:11 am

Excellent, will give a try on my Epson printer.

I wasn't really into pc's until windows 7 so to me that is my favourite OS. Have w10 installed on main pc mainly for the NVME support and DX12 when it appears ... not a bad OS after disabling all the tracking crap ect.

Not sure how to merge posts probably need a mod for that mate.

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Thanks 255

#11 by morpho , Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:36 pm

this is the version I use and have for years:-

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/deskto...ndercoverxp.cfm

morpho  
morpho
Date registered 02.22.2016
Thanks 2

#12 by Red47 , Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:58 am

I've tried to download Undercover 10 and my computer blocked it as unsafe(this comp has Windows 10 installed)I use Epsom Print CD for my disc labels,never had any problems apart from printer wont connect to 2 of the 3 computers (the password will only show in capitals and the router password is lower case!)For case covers Ive used coverxp for larger selection of case sizes,has its dippy days,but don't we all,but on the whole I find it trouble free.

Red47  
Red47
Date registered 03.01.2016
Thanks 3

#13 by Jammi3D , Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Quote: Red47 wrote in post #12
I've tried to download Undercover 10 and my computer blocked it as unsafe(this comp has Windows 10 installed)I use Epsom Print CD for my disc labels,never had any problems apart from printer wont connect to 2 of the 3 computers (the password will only show in capitals and the router password is lower case!)For case covers Ive used coverxp for larger selection of case sizes,has its dippy days,but don't we all,but on the whole I find it trouble free.

that will probably be your browser (Edge) blocking the download due to it being an .exe file.

If you need the file have uploaded the installer to my dropbox or you could try the portable version direct from the site, no install needed.

https://db.tt/9b3CKV7Y

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Thanks 255

#14 by whiskyboy , Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:34 am

Best windows update i ever did was going from Win 7 to OSX Yosemite never regretted the move one bit lifes so much simpler on a Mac
Paul

whiskyboy
Date registered 02.21.2016
Thanks 870

#15 by Jammi3D , Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:50 am

Quote: whiskyboy wrote in post #14
Best windows update i ever did was going from Win 7 to OSX Yosemite never regretted the move one bit lifes so much simpler on a Mac
Paul

what problems did you have with windows 7? ... My brother bought a mac book pro last year (i7, 8GB ram, SSD ect) cost was over £1k in which he sold it after a few months as he couldn't get on with OSX. To me it was a waste of money as a similar spec laptop running windows 8 would of cost half the price.

The Retina display was decent I'll give apple that.

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Thanks 255

Windows 10 Review

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 16
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor