119mm Canon CD Labelprint Template

#1 by froggythrower , Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:16 pm

As some may know....the Canon CD Labelprint software only allows a maximum of 118mm outer print setting.

Does anybody have the custom template made by our old friend Kev1952 for Canon's CD Labelprint software, which enables printing the new Verbatim discs right to the edge of the printable surface at 119mm.

I remember Kev sending it out to people, but I can't find him on here .....

froggythrower
Date registered 09.04.2015
Thanks 16

RE: 119mm Canon CD Labelprint Template

#2 by Jammi3D , Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Still have his site bookmarked so worth a look.

http://www.kevsplace.com/downloads.php?p=4

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Date registered 07.03.2015
Thanks 255

#3 by froggythrower , Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:10 pm

Thanks bud, can't see it on there :(

I also found him on the Tech Support Guy forums, but it say's he hasn't visited since 28th Aug 2013

And no way to contact him on his site, just points to contact him on CD.cc

froggythrower
Thanks 16

#4 by Jammi3D , Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Have just read on a few forums saying that Epson PrintCD will work with Canon printers. (Replies were about 10 years old)

I use Epson PrintCD and have no problems with verbatim discs (119mm outer & 22mm inner)

In PrinCD click import - background choose image/ok - diameter - set

Worth a try I guess

Direct download from Epson site.
ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/down...son513695eu.exe

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Thanks 255

#5 by froggythrower , Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Quote: Jammi3D wrote in post #4
Have just read on a few forums saying that Epson PrintCD will work with Canon printers. (Replies were about 10 years old)

I use Epson PrintCD and have no problems with verbatim discs (119mm outer & 22mm inner)

In PrinCD click import - background choose image/ok - diameter - set

Worth a try I guess

Direct download from Epson site.
ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/down...son513695eu.exe

Thanks Paul didn't know that, grabbed it and will try it out

froggythrower
Thanks 16

#6 by Jammi3D , Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 pm

no problem mate, if you need any help with Epson Print let us know and willl try an help.

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Thanks 255

#7 by froggythrower , Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:34 pm

It doesn't work with Canon mate, I get the error when I click print.... ''epson printer or driver not found - please install an epson printer''

No way of searching for another make of printer .... gutted as it would have been good

froggythrower
Thanks 16

#8 by Rocky , Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Froggy,

If you require Kev's email address to try and track him down, I might be able to get hold of it for you. Would you like that?

Thanks
Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 315

#9 by froggythrower , Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

Quote: Rocky wrote in post #8
Froggy,

If you require Kev's email address to try and track him down, I might be able to get hold of it for you. Would you like that?

Thanks
Paul

That would be great bud, will ask him why he hasn't joined yet as well

froggythrower
Thanks 16

#10 by froggythrower , Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:55 pm

I have found a solution to the problem

You can use Undercover10 to print Verbatim 119mm discs. it is free printing software, and prints any cover type / label you will need

See here http://www.emdb.eu/undercover10/index.htm

These settings only apply to a Canon printer, using Undercover10 software, and are for printing the new Verbatim Full Face Printable Dvd Discs with the larger 119mm outer edge printing surface, which cannot be printed using Canons own CD Labelprint software, as the maximum outer disc printing diameter setting in CD Labelprint is 118mm, the older type Verb FF Printables had a 118mm outer edge so can be printed perfectly with the Canon software.

It prints great on the new Verbatim 119mm wide discs, with a few setting adjustments, you will have to tweak these settings for your own printer model, as I have two Canon printers, an iP7250 and an MX925, they both have the cd printing tray type ' J ' and both print discs slightly differently centred on the tray, for example, when using the Canon CD Labelprint software, the MX925 will print perfectly centred using the default settings, but the iP7250 prints slightly off centre so I have to use the centre setting to adjust it + 0.4mm top ..... So every printer will need trial and error to get the settings correct for your own needs.

To do this you need to load a label picture first, then select ' Canon Pixma Disc tray ' as the template, then select your type of tray from the tray tab.... mine is ' J ' and the settings below work perfectly on my iP7250

Verb Settings.PNG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

If you imagine the tray in front of you exactly the same way you insert it into the printer I have found the following settings happen

If you increase the ' Left ' tab it moves the whole printed image to the left
If you increase the ' Top ' tab it moves the whole printed image upwards
The ' hole size ' tab is the size of the printed image centre hole diameter.... this can be measured roughly with a ruler (measure the actual size from the edge to edge of the white printable surface, in the case of Verbatims it's actually around 22mm
The ' Width ' and ' Height ' tabs adjust the outer edge diameter....you need to adjust these equally to get a perfectly round outer edge circle, the newer printable full face Verbatim's are roughly 119mm

Tips...

There are many different tray types denoted by a letter of the alphabet embossed into the tray's plastic.....make sure you select the correct one
Always add the image you wish to print first then select the template, otherwise after you select the image it will automatically revert back to the CD front template and you will have to change templates again.

Unfortunately I do not have any other make of printer to test with.

Anyway, if anybody has any questions, ask away and I will try and help

froggythrower
Thanks 16

Last edited 01.30.2016 | Top

#11 by Bluetac , Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:08 am

I was going to point out that undercoverxP should have been able to handle it :)

Bluetac  
Bluetac
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 1

#12 by subyroo , Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:30 am

Acoustica CD Label Maker v3.40 can print up to 138mm wide if need be, plus the center hole can also be adjusted.

It is similar in a way to Canon's CD Label Print but with some added benefits.
The program works with Win 7 64bit, as for Win 8 & 10, I am not sure, it was last released on 09/13/13.

subyroo  
subyroo
Date registered 03.01.2016

Last edited 03.02.2016 | Top

#13 by Cardenbhoy , Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:01 pm

Quote: subyroo wrote in post #12
Acoustica CD Label Maker v3.40 can print up to 138mm wide if need be, plus the center hole can also be adjusted.

It is similar in a way to Canon's CD Label Print but with some added benefits.
The program works with Win 7 64bit, as for Win 8 & 10, I am not sure, it was last released on 09/13/13.

I've been using Acoustica for many years. It works fine with Windows 10. Brilliant software

Cardenbhoy  
Cardenbhoy
Date registered 10.05.2015
Thanks 20

Useful Software

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 4
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor