Cover properties

#1 by Altergenu , Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi. As a newbie to this forum and CD/DVD covers in general, I was looking for a forum sticky outlining the properties for a CD or DVD cover to be sent when requested. For example, what DPI to use, what file size limit, what file type in general? What part of the CD labels to include (front cover / back cover / Inserts)? Is the DVD label one folded out label showing front, spine and back in one image? This could be in the FAQ or at the top of the general forum in the Rules section, maybe?

Altergenu  
Altergenu
Date registered 02.28.2016

RE: Cover properties

#2 by Jammi3D , Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

All file typres are .jpeg I don't think there are set dimensions but the most common I have seen are listed below:

DVD Label is the disc image, can either be custom or a retail scan. (1417x1417) @300DPI Minimum.

DVD Covers need the full cover (front, spine & back) in 1 piece. (3240 x 2175) @300 DPI Minimum.

Album Covers again Front, Back & Disc Label (Insert too if available) Not sure on sizes but I'm sure the mod can confirm.

Maybe request a cover from each section that way you can see how covers are sent out?

Paul can the cover sizes be added to the FAQ as Altergenu suggests?

Jammi3D
UC Donator
Date registered 07.03.2015
Thanks 255

#3 by Rocky , Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:10 pm

I looked online earlier for general settings for cover sizes, however I know most programs do this for you now - you just select what you want printing and the software will print it out in the correct size.

I am very busy and tied up for the rest of this week with work (where I am right now) and then sleeping in the day as I am on nights and I am working overtime later in the week also.

I would very much appreciate it, if somebody had the time and knowledge, if somebody could do a knowledge base piece on this in the FAQ section.
If nobody can, I will get around to it when I can, but it will not be until next week at the earliest

Thank you
Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 315

#4 by hedgey , Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Audio Cover Sizes

1419 x 1419 - Front
1772 x 1394 - Back
1417 x 1417 - Discs

Click Sig to email..

Please don't PM or E-mail me asking for covers, please use the Forum...

Thank You...

hedgey
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 4884

this website
Subscriptions

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 7
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor