Free Covers.net click-on link to Universal Covers

#1 by alexander_of_sanctuary , Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:16 pm

I'm confident that "Universal Covers" won't mind me inquiring about "Free Covers" here since they provided a link to this site. First off, I am wondering what happened to both Free Covers as well as C.D. Covers regarding their operational status. About a week ago I was searching Free Covers when strange things were happening with my search. Every time I clicked on a high-profile / recent d.v.d. cover, a page came up informing me that "this image is temporarily unavailable". When I went back to the title listing page the title was deleted. Now both of the sites I have mentioned have no listings for recent high-profile films at all. Anyone know what is going on?

Also I am in need of a quick orientation on using this site for accessing covers. Thank you.

alexander_of_sanctuary  
alexander_of_sanctuary
Date registered 03.17.2016
Thanks 2

RE: Free Covers.net click-on link to Universal Covers

#2 by Rocky , Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:55 am

Hi Alexander and welcome to the forum........

The only link between CD covers and here is that a few of its former forum members (including myself) are on here.
There is no other link!
I know nothing about Free Covers, I have never used it myself and I cannot help with covers not working on their site. If they are linking from their site to this one, that is up to them. I have not asked them to and I am unsure why they would?!?

*Universal Covers is its own independant site, and this means it may not do the same things as CDcovers used too

*Universal Covers 'currently' does not have a Cover Database like CDcovers did. This is because to host covers means having lots of space, and to have lots of space the site would need a good cashflow to pay for this. We do receive donations, but what we do get does not get anywhere close to paying for such space, therefore at the moment this site is staying as a Request forum - but 'possibly' could host covers in the future

*This is a request forum, if you have searched for covers / topics using the search bar and cannot find anything.... go into the correct section of the forum and make a new topic requesting the covers you need. If one of our helpful members / moderators have the covers, you will receive them not long after requesting!
For help requesting covers, see this thread I made on how to request them.....
How to Request a Cover

CDcovers will not be fixed unless a miracle happens. The admin that has overall rights has not logged in since 2011 and I cannot see him doing so anytime soon. So the forums has already died and the site is on its last legs and is more than likely still live and active due to a big healthy bank balance that has been built up over time from sponsers and donations. Once this runs out the site will crash!

Hope this helps
Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 313

#3 by kewrock , Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:14 am

>>>>>Once this runs out the site will crash!<<<<<

Well as Rocky said..."The site will crash"...CDcovers.cc has crashed. The only links that work direct to here.
It's a shame, that site had tens of thousands of covers archived. As far as I know, there's not another site so expansive. And free.

Anyway, this is my first visit here. Please to meet you Rocky.

kewrock  
kewrock
Date registered 03.18.2016
Thanks 1

#4 by Rocky , Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:56 am

Welcome kewrock

Yes I spent about 11 years at CDcovers, I had about 25,000 posts of the forum, and for 7-8 years I was a Moderator there, so I was very sad to see the forum die off.
I am surprised the main page to the site is still 'half' working!

I hope you enjoy using Universal Covers. Its something slightly different, but please give it a good go before judging

Paul

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 313

#5 by alexander_of_sanctuary , Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:37 pm

Paul / Rocky

Thanks for replying to my first post topic. I read through all the replies I have received as well as reading other threads and I almost feel embarrassed that other people like myself arrived here from the crashed sites only to start complaining and rudely criticizing you guys. Your restraint Paul is admirable. I will make a point of reading your click-on orientation for interacting with the site and eventually post a request for a "Game Of Thrones" [season 5] d.v.d. cover. And finally being a pensioned/disabled vet. prevents me from making a cash contribution to this endeavour. But I support you people in every other way. Cheers!

alexander_of_sanctuary  
alexander_of_sanctuary
Date registered 03.17.2016
Thanks 2

#6 by slodge567 , Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm trying to find covers for the forest and about time how can I request them thanks

slodge567  
slodge567
Date registered 08.17.2015

How do I request a cover sent to me
Donation

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 8
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor