**FORUM CLOSING DOWN**

#1 by Rocky , Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi all,

Its with sadness I write this post to announce that I will be closing the forum down in the coming weeks.

The reason behind this is due to the forum slowing down and the traffic getting less and less, and also the donations have slow down which means I am funding the forum myself and I cannot afford to do this. The cost to keep the forum going keeps going up and up!

I would like to thank all the regulars who posted, and helped out on the site, and also a big thank you to all those that donated. There are a few guys on here who contribute on a monthly basis and I thank you massively for the money you have sent, but it has turned out that I had to keep adding to those costs.

I am not sure on an exact date this site will close, but I will update when I can.

Thank you,
All the best,
Paul / Rocky

Rocky
Admin
Date registered 06.30.2015
Thanks 436

RE: **FORUM CLOSING DOWN**

#2 by YPIC , Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Dear Paul
A very BIG THANK YOU for all that has been done by few hard working members!
I guess it is the sign of times..
I can only say by my section which it was the Cd covers section..
I am a cd art collector, that is one of my hobbies..but over the years getting to buy physical cd's is getting more difficult than ever..
Stores have stopped selling them..So having said that, amazon is still a good place to buy!
This forum has 7.373 members and most of them are here to take..very rarely to give back..
As i said it is the sign of times...
I will miss few GREAT guys who have worked hard here over the years! Big THANK YOU to my pal Brian B!!! And all that he has done for all of you requesters (mostly freeloaders!!)
Thank You once again GREAT ROCKY!!
All the best to you and your family!
Andy

YPIC  
YPIC
Date registered 09.03.2015
Thanks 195

Last edited 03.04.2019 | Top

#3 by The Brakeman , Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi Paul,
This is very sad to here
With 7,374 members sad we all could't give a little to help..

You and the staff all do a great job Thank You
George

The Brakeman  
The Brakeman
UC Donator
Date registered 02.14.2016
Thanks 33

#4 by BrianB , Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Sad News indeed. In response to YPIC (Andy ) I say Back to you M8. You have done your share in the cd section. I stopped posting covers for the simple reason that what should have been a mutual assistance forum didn't work that way. I lost count of the number of times I would send covers out to peoples requests and those same people never took the trouble to post those covers on to other requesters. A case of " I've got mine and that's it ". After receiving their covers the same people probably never went near the forum again until such time as they wanted more covers. The same people couldn't even be bothered to say Thank You either by replying to the mail they received the covers in or pressing the Thanks button on the Forum . More than one forum has closed because of lack of commitment by its members and I'm sure this will not be the last.
Respect to all the staff and those who have helped the forum since its inception. You have done a great job. BrianB.

BrianB  
BrianB
UC Donator
Date registered 07.13.2015
Thanks 327

#5 by Rocky , Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Thank you for all your comments.
The comments above have come from the guys who use the site the most, and help out the most.
There are others on here who have hundreds and nearly thousands on their post counts, however they tend to ask for a cover and log off and hope it turns up in their email account. It is those people unfortunately who will go on to moan that they cannot get FREE covers now, however they have had a chance to help out and build on this community.

The forum will cease to exist at the end of the month!

Looking back I wish I had developed this site in a different way. I have certainly learnt from making this site and I will be interested in making another in the future.

Rocky
Admin
Thanks 436

#6 by YPIC , Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi Paul
I am glad we have a date to be over with..
It is truly PATHETIC that your post has had ONLY 3!!! users to comment!!
It shows the state of affairs that exist in this forum..
Bringing up a new forum in the future the requirements must be very specific about receiving and the role the new members play!
I would rather be in a forum where 5 members exist and they RESPECT the efforts of the members than 8000 freeloaders!
Thank you once again GREAT ROCKY!!
Andy

YPIC  
YPIC
Thanks 195

Last edited Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:24 pm | Top

#7 by 01bandit , Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:49 pm

guys i have more reason than most to say a very big thanks to all the staff

thanks guys

01bandit
Thanks 96

#8 by Rocky , Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 am

Unfortunately guys this is the era we live in!
The scanning and sharing of covers was a big thing in the early to mid 2000's and the forum and site I used to moderate on (Cdcovers.cc) was a huge and very popular site! However now due to being able to stream things and not need DVD's / CDs / Games on your shelves, this seems to be a thing that will eventually fade out all together at some point in the not too distant future.
Of course there will be people out there who like to have physical copies and collect such things, but this will be the very, very minority!

As for members of this forum that join to post hundreds of times asking for covers, never say thank you and never contribute themselves.... they are the ones why this forum has failed!

Rocky
Admin
Thanks 436

#9 by YPIC , Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Yes Paul!
It is the times we live in..
Yesterday i went to the cd covers section and went to a page and a half of requesting covers and asked:To all requesters (freeloaders)

"Give me a good reason at last! since the forum is closing at the end of this month, why after i spent my money to buy and then scan the cd WHY i should pass the covers to you??"

NOT ONE COMMENT!!

As far as what i can do, i could pass all the covers they have asked as far as to the 9th page..(after that i lost count..)

This is the state of status at the cd covers section!

Andy

YPIC  
YPIC
Thanks 195

Last edited Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:37 pm | Top

#10 by BrianB , Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 am

Hi Guys. I think this bears out my comments that most of the users of this site only visit when they want a cover. It's more than likely that most of them will not even know that the site is closing down. It's going to come as a big shock to a lot of people who are hoping to visit expecting to request a cover or two. As Andy commented, I too can not believe that so few members have realised what is happening here and made comment.
BrianB.

BrianB  
BrianB
UC Donator
Date registered 07.13.2015
Thanks 327

#11 by Rocky , Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Guys,

I don't mind making another forum in the future. I wanted to make this a FREE covers website as all the others out there charge a fee, and was hoping donations would keep it going.
However, going forward if I was to make another I would more than likely charge for people to use the site, and it would be a small one off fee more than likely as that should at least keep the forum afloat.
I would also choose a different provider as I merely chose the provider of this forum due to the low cost to see if it would take off, however I am very restricted to what I could do in terms of add ons and making the forum better!

So really I am closing for 2 reasons-
Restrictions of what I can do here in terms of making the forum better
And due to low funds keeping it afloat

I may open another in the not too distant future and give that another go.
If anybody here would like to keep in touch and possibly help me with a new forum in the future, or be informed if one opens, please PM me for contact details ;-)

Paul

Rocky
Admin
Thanks 436

#12 by TheRestMan , Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Really sorry that this site will close Down but I do understand why you guys does this though....thanks for all the work mods

TheRestMan  
TheRestMan
Date registered 08.14.2017
Thanks 5

#13 by wiggy57 , Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Dam, only just saw this gutted.
have known the backbone of this forum from the old cdcovers site.
if and when you decide to start afresh please let me know.
and many many thanks to you and all mods past and present.
and to all who have taken the time and effort to send covers

wiggy57  
wiggy57
Date registered 07.03.2015
Thanks 100

#14 by YPIC , Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi Paul And Brian!
Few facts about the music section:
YOU CAN'T BEAT FREE!!
You can always get a lot of music for free..not retail covers though..
But..2019 has had another casualty to retail cd covers!
The weekly group that used to provide a lot of covers over the years got tired of it..so one guy still uploads the weekly albums but his has not access to real cd covers..so he makes custom made ones..
Terrible ones in my opinion.. So a very big provider of retail cd covers down..
The so called music "scene" has seen their decline over the years..it's only going to get worse..
The future of music is Digital..mostly itunes..
So to have a new forum that people request retail cd covers the members must meet terms in order to get covers..
1.A flat fee to join!
2.A personal purchase OF AT LEAST ONE retail cd annually!!
That will ensure that more members ..more covers..
If that doesn't work then the cd covers section in the new forum..no need to be! Simple as that!
But if you have lets say 100 members that translates 100 RETAIL cd's annually!
The more members ..more covers!
And whatever the members can come up with ..the better! (I.E :at the moment i have ordered 53 new retail cd's from amazon)
And they will feel good to belong to a true forum that delivers! It eliminates freeloaders!!
If cd's no longer exist then that is the end of that forum!

That is the only way to be in the cd covers section in the future

Andy

YPIC  
YPIC
Thanks 195

#15 by Rocky , Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:02 pm

I have had a few PMs off people in regards to informing them if I open another forum.
Anybody else who wants inform, or wishes to help - please PM me your email address

Rocky
Admin
Thanks 436

Vacation....

The forum and the services provided are absolutely free. However it does cost money to run this website. You can donate towards the running of the site by clicking the 'Donate' button above. Thank you!
disconnected Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor